The Church Family of Greater Beallwood Baptist would love to welcome you as a member to our congregation. We hope your fellowship here will be filled with spirited worship, dedicated service, and bountiful blessings. Please come as you are. Through Bible Study, Prayer Meetings, Sunday School and regular worship services, we grow in God’s Holy word. We welcome you and thank God for adding you to the Body of Christ.
Greater Beallwood Baptist has a full and well rounded calendar of worship services, seminars, events and activities for all ages. We would like to encourage all members to fully participate and support all church functions. Orientation classes are provided for all new members.
Why become a member?
- It’s a response to Christ’s gift – Paul says in Ephesians that Christ loved the church so much that he gave Himself up for her
- It defines our local body – it is a public identification with others who name themselves after Christ
- It’s an expression of involvement in and personal commitment to the local church
- It enables mutual growth and accountability – we will covenant to pray, grow, give, and use our spiritual gifts together
- It enables you to get involved in ministries/roles that require you to be a member to serve in that capacity
What is the primary difference between a church member and a regular attender? Commitment
How do I become a member?
The following are qualifications for membership in the Church:
- Profession of faith in Jesus Christ to the body at Greater Beallwood
- Attend the New Members class
- Baptism by immersion in obedience to Scripture and in following Christ’s example
After completion of the membership qualifications, candidates will accept the “right hand of fellowship” as affirmation of good standing by the members present at that service.
Membership’s Responsibilities and Privileges
In accord with the commitments enumerated in the Membership Covenant, each member shall be privileged and expected to actively participate in and contribute to the ministry and life of the Church consistent with God’s leading and with the gifts, time, and material resources each has received from God. All members shall strive to:
- Regularly attend Bibe study, Sunday school, worship services, and the other learning programs of the church.
- Contribute financially to the ministry of the Church according to God’s prompting and biblical teachings.
- Participate actively in Church ministry and service teams according to the member’s spiritual gifts, heart for service, abilities, personality, experience, and God’s leading.
By becoming or remaining a member of the Church, each member explicitly agrees to abide by the Covenant and Bylaws and accompanying policies and procedures. Also, see the Articles of Faith for the values and beliefs of the Baptist denomination.
“For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.”
“For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.”
1 Corinthians 12:12-14